In the last term (Spring 2021), I overcame a learning challenge when I took a 4th-year Software Engineering course called Data Mining. This was an elective that I took as part of my major in Computer Science. The course subject matter primarily involved the topic of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. At the beginning of the semester, I found the content of the course to be extremely complex and daunting. I felt that maybe my foundational knowledge in some of the prerequisites for this course was too weak. Maybe I just wasn’t ready to tackle such a topic at this stage. Such concerns haunted me throughout the early part of the semester. Given the challenge before me, I began to break things down and start with the simple actions I could take, such as putting in the additional preparation before I jump into each topic covered in class, going through the textbook readings multiple times, with each pass taking several hours, watching Youtube videos on the topic, and so on. Soon after, my discomfort with the course material started to gradually decrease, with repeated exposure to the concepts. The course involved assignments where students were given feedback, and this constituted the Behaviourism aspect of the course. But the most significant part of this course that impacted me personally involved Cognitivism. This is because I eventually realized that the fundamental idea behind what seemed like very complicated theoretical concepts were simply just an extension of a very basic high-school math concept. Namely the equation of a line involving slopes and intercepts. This may be a borderline oversimplification, but the concept of machine learning at its core is really just an extension of that simple concept of a line and its slope in mathematics. Once I was able to make this connection in my mind, much of my stress and anxiety started to dissipate, and I suddenly felt like I had truly understood machine learning for what it truly was, putting aside all of the bells and whistles that come with the subject at an advanced level. This was an example of Cognitivism in my learning because I was able to make connections with my prior understandings.