“25 Years of Ed Tech” by Martin Weller was a very intriguing read. The notion that the education system is fundamentally outdated and ripe for disruption is one that is widespread, particularly in the tech industry where I hope to begin my career. In this reading, Weller challenges this notion by claiming that there has already been a breadth of change and innovation that has been occurring under the radar in higher education over the past couple of decades. This book is Weller’s answer to address such concerns that he had about the field, to provide a truly comprehensive repository that documents the innovations that have occurred in Ed tech in the past couple of decades and to provide relevant and meaningful reflection on them. Being a Computer Science student, I personally found this to be very fascinating, as this resource also provides a glimpse into how technology itself has evolved over time and the rate at which it has been utilized in education, and how it compares relative to other fields that have adopted technology for better outcomes like e-commerce, healthcare and so on. I agree with much of what Weller has to say about the history of Ed tech. The education system has not been shy to embrace technology. But based on my personal experiences, I still believe that Ed tech still has not reached its potential in terms of its impact. For example, the advent of streaming services such as Netflix has made physical media such as DVD’s completely obsolete, allowing consumers to watch an endless amount of content for a flat monthly subscription fee. I’m not aware of any instances in Ed tech where technology has fundamentally transformed education to the point of producing vastly improved outcomes than before, bringing about big irreversible changes. Any improvements that have been made with Ed tech seems to be more or less marginal. Although, that is not to say that it’s not possible for this to occur in the years to come.