In this paper, the authors define Open Educational Resources (OER)-enabled pedagogy as a set of teaching and learning practices that are only possible or practical in the context of the 5R permissions that are characteristic of OER. The authors propose criteria to evaluate whether a form of teaching qualifies as OER-enabled pedagogy. The 5R activities are retain, reuse, revise, remix and redistribute. Retain is the right to make, own and control copies of the content. Reuse is the right to use the content in a wide variety of ways. Revise is the right to adapt, adjust, modify or alter the content. Remix is the right to combine the original or revised content with other material to create something new. Redistribute is the right to share copies of the original content, and its revisions or remixes with others. As the authors describe in the beginning, the term “open pedagogy” has been used in a variety of ways over a very long time. This wide range of competing definitions creates a lot of inconsistency which makes it more difficult to conduct research on the topic. Therefore, having a clear and consistent definition and an associated set of guidelines to act as a qualifier will bring a lot of clarity and consistency to the subject. Some examples from my own education that pass the test for OER-enabled pedagogy include a comic strip that I created for an assignment where the objective was to use the medium of comics as a way to inform and educate someone on a topic, and my topic was to educate people about the myths regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. Another example was a whiteboard animation that I created to teach people about the COVID-19 virus. Another example was a trivia game that I created to help elementary school students learn basic geography. When it comes to the research questions, the very first one catches my attention. It asks whether students assigned to create, revise or remix artifacts find these assignments more valuable, interesting, motivating or rewarding than other forms of assessments, and the reason as to why or why not. When I created educational resources as I mentioned previously, I personally found it very rewarding, interesting and motivating to have completed that work and I’m curious to see whether this truly a universal phenomena. This research question studies what I’m curious about, and my hypothesis based on my own experience would be that the answer to the research question is a “yes”, but it’s more difficult to predict the reasons as to why.